[rabbitmq-discuss] Multiple Bindings to the Default Exchange

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jun 24 11:11:46 BST 2013

On 24/06/13 11:04, Michael Klishin wrote:
> 2013/6/24 David Legg <David.Legg at smithelectric.com
> <mailto:David.Legg at smithelectric.com>>
>
>     What I want is to bind the same routing key to it in the same way as
>     other exchanges and distribute to multiple queues
>

> You should be able to do anything you can do with a direct exchange.

That's not correct if the direct exchange in question is the default
exchange - the default exchange is quite a lot more magical than other
direct exchanges. Really it can be thought of as a way to express
"publish to queue" in an API which assumes publishing to exchanges.

So to the OP, I'm afraid you can't do that.

The best you can do would be use the firehose
http://www.rabbitmq.com/firehose.html to grab the messages as they are
published. But that will rewrite message headers (not bodies). Other
than that you'd need to modify the publisher.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal