[rabbitmq-discuss] Simultaneous Scalability and HA

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jun 21 10:35:02 BST 2013

Hudson Jiang:

> Is above cluster approach for scalability conflicted with the mirrored queues approach for HA (do I misunderstand anything)? How can I achieve both of them simultaneously?

"Scalability" is different things to different people but lets assume it means
"increasing overall system throughput by adding more cluster nodes".

Replicating data to more nodes for availability indeed may be at odds
with the max total throughput requirement, and more so as cluster size grows.

Identify where you absolutely need mirroring and where
throughput is more important. Not all queues are created equal.

MK