[rabbitmq-discuss] Using Shovel to Copy Messages for Testing

David Legg David.Legg at smithelectric.com
Thu Jun 20 14:57:50 BST 2013

Hi All,

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on how best to do something.

At the moment I have a requirement to copy messages verbatim from a queue on a RabbitMQ server to another, primarily for testing and troubleshooting purposes. The messages on the original RabbitMQ server must remain intact and copied before any other consumer running on the queue deals with and acknowledges them. I'm looking at the Shovel plugin at the moment to do this, but can anyone see any pitfalls?

Thanks in advance,

David