[rabbitmq-discuss] Mnesia Corruption Bug

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 19 13:12:18 BST 2013

Hi Lee,

On 13/06/13 12:36, Lee Hambley wrote:
> That all aside, attached ( https://gist.github.com/leehambley/5773039 )
> is a stacktrace from a problematic box, we couldn't get it to recover
> (single node, single replica, etc, etc) - we simply deleted the mnesia
> database, which worked well enough.

We've managed to reproduce this problem, but only by copying an older
copy of an Mnesia directory over a newer copy of itself without clearing
all the files first. Is it possible that the same happened on your side?
The solution in that case is to clear the mnesia directory before
restoring. The integrity of the broker will be compromised if the Mnesia
directory is modified, so avoid doing that.

-Emile