[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c how many channels I need?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 19 10:51:44 BST 2013

On 19 Jun 2013, at 08:01, 3k4b251 wrote:

> Thank you !   you  help  me soo much !   and  I  still  face  the problem  of
> memory use.       I  need  to  send a  message  to   a  queue ,  before
> that,  I'd  like  to declare  the queue  to  make  sure  the queue  already
> there ,just like  amqp_queue_declare(....) ,and  then  i call
> amqp_basic_consume(....) ,  but  when  I use  this  function
> :amqp_queue_declare(....)  , the memory grow up  fast.

Have you spent any time trying to understand why memory use grows in the face of this function call? Is that memory growth constant (due to allocations), or transient due to buffering and so on?

>   what  can  I do  to
> avoid  this statement?

If you pre-declare queues/exchanges on the broker then calling amqp_<object>_declare isn't strictly necessary, though of course if the object turns out to be missing (on the broker) you'll have to deal with the channel error (i.e., release the existing channel objects, open a new channel, call amqp_queue_declare and so on).