[rabbitmq-discuss] Java client and Qpid

Dmitry Andrianov dmitry.andrianov at alertme.com
Fri Jun 14 19:04:23 BST 2013

Simon,
many thanks for the prompt reply.

I use Qpid 0.20, Next week will try to create simple test case and run it against both 0.20 and the latest 0.22

If problem is reproducible - will raise issue on their bugtracker quoting you )

Thanks

On 14 Jun 2013, at 17:52, Simon MacMullen <simon at rabbitmq.com> wrote:

> On 14/06/13 17:43, Dmitry Andrianov wrote:
>> Unfortunately I do not know the protocol well enough to understand if
>> Qpid violates it by sending me a message before sending reply to
>> basicConsume request or not. Without reading the specs I would assume
>> that this behaviour is a valid one and it is RabbitMQ Java client
>> that needs to be more tolerant.
>
> From the spec:
>
>> Section 4.6, Content Synchronisation:
>>
>> In certain cases synchronous request-response methods have an impact
>> on asynchronous content delivery on the same channel, including:
>>
>> * The Basic.Consume and Basic.Cancel methods, which start and stop
>> the flow of messages from a message queue.
>
> [Snip a couple of other cases]
>
>> Guidelines for implementers:
>>
>> * The effects of the request-response MUST NOT be visible on the
>> channel before the response method, and MUST be visible thereafter.
>
> So I'm afraid it's QPid at fault. (Which version are you using? I
> thought they had abandoned support for AMQP 0-9-1 some time ago.)
>
> Cheers, Simon
>
> --
> Simon MacMullen
> RabbitMQ, Pivotal
This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this email without the
author's prior permission. AlertMe.com Ltd. is not responsible for any personal views expressed
in this message or any attachments that are those of the individual sender.

AlertMe.com Ltd, 30 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2RE, UK.
Registered in England, Company number 578 2908, VAT registration number GB 895 9914 42.