[rabbitmq-discuss] 3.1.1 High watermark permanent blocking

Mark Ward ward.mark at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 16:37:50 BST 2013

Hi Simone,

I found the command to change the high watermark while the server is
running.  I used  rabbitmqctl set_vm_memory_high_watermark 80.  After
executing the command communication resumed.
But I see I may have made a mistake in the command as the high water mark is
now set to 77.8 GB and the VM only has 1 GB! lol.

The maximum size of memory used reported in the web gui has been 1.7GB.

Data resume sending but eventually the server crashed.