[rabbitmq-discuss] 3.1.1 High watermark permanent blocking

Mark Ward ward.mark at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 21:17:39 BST 2013

I wanted to follow up with more evidence.

If I restart the RabbitMQ 3.1.1 instance while my clients are connected.
Once the server is back online my clients will resume sending and the test
will complete the test with success.  My clients implement a reconnect when
connections are lost.

When the server enters the locked state the clients do not report any
connection failures or other errors. The server restart eliminates the
memory high watermark.  All data makes it from the publisher to the
subscriber.  Messages that might were on the server are persisted and resume
sending.

This is also a repeatable test.