[rabbitmq-discuss] Clustering Problems

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 12 08:32:52 BST 2013

Eric,

On 11 Jun 2013, at 19:50, Eric Coutu wrote:
> I'm trying to set up clustering on AWS EC2 but I'm running into problems just getting the basic setup.
>
> Setup:
> -I have the appropriate ports open, and I can connect to them via. telnet

Which ports have you opened? It's not just 5672 that is needed for clustering.

> When I telnet to rabbit1:5672 there is an entry in rabbit1s log files, but when I join_cluster, nothing shows up.

That doesn't make any sense. Presumably you mean "when I ssh to rabbit1" instead? Do both rabbit recognise one another's host names (via /etc/hosts or whatever)?

Running `rabbitmqctl status` on both nodes (locally) can you confirm that the cookie hashes are indeed the same?

Cheers,
Tim