[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ publisher confirms using the Erlang client

Eoin McCarthy eoinmccarthy at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 10 19:21:33 BST 2013

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place to ask for help - but it's the forum
mentioned on the Rabbit webpage - so I figured I'd give it a go.

I'm a Rabbit newbie and using Erlang (which is also fairly new for me) to
write my clients. That aside, my publisher code is writing messages to the
specified queue.
I can see the messages arriving in the queue via the Rabbit management
console and an Erlang-based consumer is also picking up the messages are
they arrive in the queue.

However, I don't seem to be able to get publisher confirms working. I
registered a confirm handler callback process and it's rigged to forward a
message back to the parent process when it receives anything.
Gist is here: https://gist.github.com/eoinmc/5750876
It's not a real-world example - I'm just trying to figure out how to
activate and see a publisher confirm using the Erlang client. So far with
no success.
The client docs are here:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-erlang-client/v3.0.4/doc/

Any suggestions (including pointing out of obvious mistakes) appreciated.

Eoin