[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to start RabbitMQ

Brett Cameron brett.r.cameron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 02:26:33 BST 2013

Lee,

Erlang seems to be complaining the it cannot connect to epmd (the endpoint
mapper daemon... the mechanism by which Erlang applications such as
RabbitMQ find one another) on host "loadtestprimary". The epmd process will
(should) be started automatically if necessary when Erlang (erl) is run and
by default it listens on port 4369. Is epmd running? What happens if you do
something like "telnet loadtestprimary 4369", etc?

Brett