[rabbitmq-discuss] Durable + Exclusive queue disappeared

Asko Soukka asko.soukka at iki.fi
Thu Jun 6 12:02:56 BST 2013

Hi,

I just like to mention that we faced a similar situation today (with
RabbitMQ 2.8.4 and Erlang R14B04).

We have a standalone RabbitMQ installation (no cluster) on RHEL5. Due to a
some other problems, the server was forced to restart, and after the
restart one of the durable queues (not exclusive) has been similarly
missing and queue.declare is denied with not_found error:

connection <0.3.20>, channel 1 - error:
{amqp_error,not_found,"no queue '...' in vhost '/..'",
            'queue.declare'}

It looks like the queue is listed in rabbit_durable_queue.DCD, but I don't
have enough erlang skills to confirm that. Can something be done with
"rabbitmqctl eval" to confirm or fix this kind of "shadow" queue?

Best Regards,
Asko