[rabbitmq-discuss] Pika connection negotiation behavior

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Thu Jun 6 16:34:09 BST 2013

On Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 3:05 AM, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> Having to lengthen the interval artificially - e.g. so that
> single-threaded clients can process a whole message - conflicts with
> that. More generally, client libraries / applications should be
> responsive to incoming AMQP traffic. I don't know enough about pika and
> python threading to ascertain whether there is a convenient way to
> achieve that.

Currently it is single threaded. I have a few prototypes of running all connection management in a background thread, but this is tricky due to Pika supporting pluggable backend connection adapters. What's good for a blocking connection adapter in doing threaded connection communication is not good for asynchronous adapters such as Tornado and Twisted.

Regards,

Gavin