[rabbitmq-discuss] Consume message based on correlation Id

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 13:55:15 BST 2013

2013/6/6 antony <antony.pulicken at gmail.com>

> Did you mean the temporary queues created/managed by the server ? I
> considered it, but then we will end up creating a new queue for each
> request
> in my scenario and that's when I started thinking about a less expensive
> option.

Named, to be more precise. If you specify queue name as an empty string,
RabbitMQ
will generate a unique one and send it back with the queue.declare response.

If your queues are short lived and only contain a single response, create
them as non-durable.
It's unlikely to introduce a lot of overhead, although it will lead to more
network roundtrips but
will reduce the amount of messages your consumers have to requeue because
they have different
correlation ids.

Which I am guessing will reduce the overall amount of traffic.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin