[rabbitmq-discuss] Acknowledging messages across the federation

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jun 6 11:19:43 BST 2013

On 05/06/13 21:03, Pete Emerson wrote:
> When I send a message to my federated exchange, two workers (one in each
> cluster) gets the message.
>
> What do I need to do in order to have only one worker get the message,
> instead of one per federation?

Federation is currently a poor fit for worker queues since you can only
federate exchanges; federating an exchange means that messages published
to that exchange can be consumed in all locations.

You might be able to rig something up by federating the random or
consistent hash exchanges, any exchange which will only route to one
consumer.

We are working on implementing federated queues, which will hopefully be
the correct solution for your problem.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen