[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ and AMQP 0-10?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 31 16:31:52 BST 2013

On 31/07/13 16:06, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> Could you please clarify a bit what is so different in AMQP 0-10 so that
> “RabbitMQ is unlikely ever to support AMQP 0-10” as said  here:
> https://www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html?

Pretty much everything is different.

You should probably download and read the AMQP 0-10 spec from
http://www.amqp.org/specification/0-10/amqp-org-download to get a good
handle on that question.

But AMQP 0-9-1, 0-10 and 1.0 really are all quite different from each
other. They all have different codecs, different commands sets, and
different semantics.

The AMQP 1.0 implementation in RabbitMQ shares essentially no code in
common with the 0-9-1 implementation. Any putative support for 0-10
would be another from-scratch implementation - and we don't really see
there being enough demand for it.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen