[rabbitmq-discuss] messages are sync on all cluster nodes !

tluck tilak.chauhan at ymail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:20:17 BST 2013

Hi,

I've 5 consumer servers which are responsible for consuming messages from
rabbitmq queues and they all are connected through rabbitmq clustering. I've
total 5 queues and all consumers consume messages from them. Recently I've
started to face a trouble with some of the consumer servers. Whenever I
publish new messages into a particular queue then only 1 consumer is
consuming messages from that queue and rest of servers are sitting idle /
consuming messages from other queues (but not from that particular queue).

When I logged into each consumer servers to check if they are still running
then I found they all are still running/connected with rmq clustering. But,
when I ran below command on each server then I found that only 1 consumer
(which is consuming messages from that queue) has message count for the
queue and all other consumer servers have 0 as message count for that
perticular queue.

/usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl list_queues name  messages

How could this be possible ? I've checked cluster status and all the notes
are running. why messages are not being updated on all other consumer severs
for that particular queue ? (however, everything is working fine for other
queues).

Please help.

Thanks,
T.luck