[rabbitmq-discuss] Maximum achievable concurrent Web STOMP plugin on Windows

joshua__lim joshua__lim at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:47:33 BST 2013

Hi Emile, thank you for replying.  Do you know if there's a script or project
that I can use to test client concurrency for the Web STOMP plugin?

I've been searching for something similar to the  node-bosh-stress-tool
<https://github.com/anoopc/node-bosh-stress-tool>  , which I used to load
test XMPP/BOSH servers such as Prosody and Openfire.  On my Windows 7 i5
laptop with 4GB RAM, Prosody can only support about five hundred
connections.  Openfire was slightly better but becomes unstable after about
1500 connections.  This was before total CPU and memory usage exceeded
10%-30% of system total.  It didn't occur to me before I started development
that the concurrency threshold is so low.

After that, I did more Googling, found SOCKET.IO, followed by SOCKJS and
arrived at RabbitMQ.