[rabbitmq-discuss] Access Control for Dead Letter Exchanges?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 29 14:46:17 BST 2013

Hi,

On 29/07/13 13:47, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> How does the access control work for publishing to dead letter
> exchanges? Is the write permission checked? For example, does the owner
> of the queue that defined a x-dead-letter-exchange have to have the
> write permission for this dead letter exchange?

Permissions of exchanges are only checked upon the initial publish
before dead-lettering took place. The permissions don't get checked
again after that. It is not possible to prevent dead-lettering on the
basis of permissions.

> (I didn’t find any documentation on this aspect.)

That's an oversight that will be corrected. Thanks for pointing it out.

-Emile