[rabbitmq-discuss] Getting an error while running rabbitmqctl after upgrading rabbitMQ to latest version 3.1.3.

k.madnani84 k.madnani84 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 18:30:11 BST 2013

Hi,

I have updated my RabbitMq from 3.0.1 to 3.1.3.

Whenever i run rabbitMQCtl i get an error as:
rabbitmqctl: line 29: exec: erl: not found

I see that in rabbitmqctl script a new variable ERL_DIR & CLEAN_BOOT_FILE
are been introduced as compared to that in the previous version of
rabbitmq(3.0.1).I dont get this error when i used the previous version and
neither do i set any variable.

Could you let me know that do we need to set these variables before
executing rabbitmqctl,if yes then they should be set to what ?

New Rabbitmqctl:

exec ${ERL_DIR}erl \
    -pa "${RABBITMQ_HOME}/ebin" \
    -noinput \