[rabbitmq-discuss] Starting rabbitmq-server: FAILED

Ben whetter ben.whetter at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 16:19:12 BST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to install some software called Zenoss, It has a script that
downloads and installs the various components, one of which
is rabbitmq-server-2.8.7-1.noarch. The system I am installing on is CentOS
6.4. When it gets to the rabbitmq install, I get the following error:

*Starting rabbitmq-server: FAILED - check /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_{log,
_err}*

*rabbitmq-server.*

*Command failure: /sbin/service rabbitmq-server start*

So I check startup_log:

*Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...*

*0 plugins activated:*

* *

*node with name "rabbit" already running on "Zenoss"*

* *

*DIAGNOSTICS*

*===========*

* *

*nodes in question: [rabbit at Zenoss]*

* *

*hosts, their running nodes and ports:*

*- Zenoss: [{rabbit,39375}]*

* *

*current node details:*

*- node name: rabbitmqprelaunch2670 at Zenoss*

*- home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq*

*- cookie hash: H7PbyCCnYO6ukRaujpJUPA==*

startup_err has no info.

Does anyone have an idea why this might be happening?

Ben