[rabbitmq-discuss] change exchange to durable

slahy leahy_s at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 09:58:39 BST 2013

HI,

I am trying to change an exchange from transient to durable. I delete the
exchange through the web interface. I have attepmted this several times and
when I recreate the exchchange and attempt to send a message i  get the
following response

Publish-RabbitMessage : The AMQP operation was interrupted: AMQP
close-reason,
initiated by Peer, code=406, text="PRECONDITION_FAILED - cannot redeclare
excha
nge 'exch01' in vhost '/' with different type, durable, internal or
autodelete va
lue", classId=40, methodId=10, cause=
At
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\modules\poshrabbit\poshra
bbit-functions.ps1:717 char:24
+         publish-rabbitMessage <<<<  @local:a;
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Publish-RabbitMessage],
Opera
   tionInterruptedException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId :
RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.OperationInterruptedE
   xception,PoshRabbit.PublishMessageCmdlet

If I delete it and recreate the exchange as transient it works fine again.

Is there something else I need to do when deleting the exchange ?

Thanks

slahy