[rabbitmq-discuss] Set rabbitmq to use in Amazon EC2 with different regions

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Jul 25 15:16:33 BST 2013

Pedro Sá da Costa:

> 1 - Why the client reached the MQ? The public DNS is translated autormatically to the private DNS in Amazon EC2?

DNS translates names into IP addresses. 0.0.0.0 means "listen on all network interfaces", so whatever
IP address public DNS resolves to, is used. In fact, there's only one IP address per instance most of the time.

> 2 - How can I get more information in the logs to understand why the connection is terminated?

Your client did not perform AMQP 0.9.1 connection negotiation sequence. Were you connecting using telnet? If so, use a real client.
--
MK