[rabbitmq-discuss] virtual windows server install rabbitmq server quesiton

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 25 12:05:18 BST 2013

On 24/07/13 12:22, 3k4b251 wrote:

> I want  to  run  rabbitmq server  on  virtual  windows server  which  run  on
> linux .  I can   easily   install  erlang  and  Rabbitmq  server. But  when
> I  try to   run   rabbitmqctl.bat .  nothing  happend,even  a  Command
> prompt .

That    sounds   like   a problem  with   your   in stallation  . Didyou
receive    any errors    while  install ing   ?   Do  other  services
or programs  report   erorrs?   Are  there    errors   in   the  logfile
 ?   Is   networking   set up   correctly  ?

> The    rabbitmq  service  run normal.  But  I  use rabbitmqctl.bat
> rabbitmq-echopid .... rabbitmq-plugins.bat  ...., and  they have no
> returns to me .

If   the   rabbitmq  service   runs   normally   can you   connect
with   an  AMQP    client?

> I think there should be a thread named epmd.exe ,but there is not .

If   the    broker   is   running    then   you   should   see   an
epmd.exe   process   in   the   task list.   Validate   your   Erlang
installation   by   running    "erl -sname    fnor "   in  the   Erlang
 bin  dir ectory.   you  Should  see  out put   like

Eshell V5.10.1  (abort with ^G)
(fnor at hostname)1>