[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue size on disk

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 25 10:32:42 BST 2013

On 25/07/2013 10:17AM, carlhoerberg wrote:
> How can I measure the amount of disk space queues takes up on disk, through
> the HTTP API?

At the moment you can't - bear in mind that since messages can be shared
between queues there's not a completely obvious answer to this question
(which is largely why we haven't tackled it).

> The "memory" property seems to show the amount of RAM a queue
> is using, no?

It shows how much memory the queue process is consuming - but that
doesn't include message bodies (which again are shared). Arguably it's
confusing, but I'm a bit reluctant just to strip it out :-)

Cheers, Simon