[rabbitmq-discuss] Recipe for corrupting mnesia in a cluster

Chris stuff at moesel.net
Wed Jul 24 17:40:04 BST 2013

Ah-ha!  You are right!  Whenever I did my testing on this, I would start
one node and wait for the status to come back "OK" or "FAILED" before
starting the other.  Now if I start both at the same time, it works
splendidly!  Thank you for that.

I have a couple of followup questions, if you don't mind:

   - Is it possible to configure RabbitMQ to wait longer than 30 seconds
   before timing out?  I looked in the docs and couldn't find anything that
   seemed to address this.

   - If for some reason one of the nodes cannot be brought back online,
   would we then need to "forget" it on the other node (as described below)?
      - export RABBITMQ_NODE_ONLY=true
      - rabbitmq-server &
      - rabbitmqctl forget_cluster_node --offline rabbit at node1

Thanks again for the reply!  I feel a lot better about things now. ;-)

-Chris