[rabbitmq-discuss] Question about Federation, Status is running but no message?

vantheshark nvthoai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 23:59:38 BST 2013

Hi, I tried to search all existing questions but couldn't find out the
answer. So I apologize if so has already asked.

RabbitMQ version: 3.1.3
Erlang R16B01
Windows (same problem on Linux as well, so I think I misunderstood
something)

What I'm trying to do is setup a federation so that all messages published
to an exchange on virtual host / will go to virtual host "UAT" on the same
single RabbitMQ node.

This is my steps:

1/ Web UI
Navigate to Admin > Federation Upstreams > Add a new upstream. Enter
"my-upstream" next to Name, "amqp://localhost/UAT" next to URI, and 36000000
next to Expiry. Click Add upstream.

2/ Web UI
Navigate to Admin > Policies > Add / update a policy. Enter "federate-me"
next to Name, "MyExchange" (without double quotes) next to Regexp and
"federation-upstream-set" = "all"  (without double quotes) in the first line
next to Policy. Click Add policy.

3/ I actually see the exchange "MyExchange" on virtual host / matched the
Policy "federate-me" on WebUI, and also see that it created the exchange
"MyExchange" and "federation : MyExchange -> ..... " (type
x-federation-upstream) on the UAT virtual host.

4/ I also see the Running Link with state = "running" when check the
Federation Status on WebUI

5/ I start publishing messages to exchange "MyExchange" which is on virtual
host / but couldn't see anything going to exchanges, queues on UAT virtual
host

So do i misunderstood something or did I make anything wrong?

Cheers.