[rabbitmq-discuss] How to keep-alive a purely receiving connection?

Kapil Goyal goyalk at vmware.com
Fri Jul 19 22:00:28 BST 2013

Hi,

We are using two connections, one for sending data and one for receiving.
We also want to utilize heartbeat functionality to keep the connections
alive. My question is about the receiving connection and heartbeat.

I understand that client must send some data (within heartbeat interval)
to RabbitMQ even on the receiving connection to keep it alive. Question
is,  if RabbitMQ starts blocking publishing connections during
flow-control, would it also block this receiving connection on a
heartbeat-publish?

Thanks

Kapil