[rabbitmq-discuss] Extremely slow message delivery

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 21:24:59 BST 2013

2013/7/18 crrad <rattyk at mail.ru>

> I've figured out, that I'm sending messages at rate 20 per second.
> Rabbit is probably choking, but at some time it delivers the messages at
> constant delay of 15 seconds.
> Setting rate to 4 per second solved the problem.

These are abnormal rates. What's the average size of your messages?
Do you see your publishers being blocked in rabbitmq log?

If messages are < 1K, you can push about 6-8K of them per second even
with clients in Ruby or Python. I'd recommend trying to reproduce the
problem
with a different client first.
--
MK