[rabbitmq-discuss] Extremely slow message delivery

crrad rattyk at mail.ru
Wed Jul 17 20:30:06 BST 2013

Hello.

I have two machines and a network application (written in C++ using
simpleamqpclient).
One of the machines is RabbitMQ server, and they are in the same room.
So, I start 2 applications on both of them: one pushing messages to a direct
exchange, second receives them through a queue (it discards unread messages
after 500 msecs).

Delivery of the message takes approximately 15 seconds (message is 30 kB
long).
How can it be so slow? I need messages to be delivered at maximum 1 second
delay.

Thanks for any advance.