[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-c RPC-style commands doesn't work after amqp_get_rpc_reply return AMQP_RESPONSE_SERVER_EXCEPTION

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 07:39:07 BST 2013

2013/7/17 3k4b251 <314992959 at qq.com>

> But  connection  and  channels  still  alive.

Are you sure that the channels are still open?

>   But    RPC-style commands
> doesn't  work  such as   amq_basic_consume()....

Can you be more specific than "does not work"?

> So I  guess  servers
> lock  my  connection  or  channel   when  got  a  exception .  How  to
> unlock  it?

If you get a channel exception, the channel is closed and can no longer
be used. Inspecting RabbitMQ log will make it easy to notice.

Another thing that may be happening is RabbitMQ throttling your connection.
It can be easily seen in the management UI and should not affect
channels that only consume messages.

I assume AMQP_RESPONSE_SERVER_EXCEPTION indicates
a channel exception. You need to investigate what exactly causes
it (see the log) or use a new channel.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin