[rabbitmq-discuss] Update: [Bug] Memory leak in 3.1.3 (Ubuntu)

Louis Bouchard louis.bouchard at canonical.com
Tue Jul 16 10:56:09 BST 2013

Hello Matthias,

Le 16/07/2013 11:33, Matthias Radestock a écrit :
> The likely reason this is happening now is that the producer is
> producing faster than the consumer is consuming. Thus the number of
> messages enqueued in the broker increases over time.
>
> You can verify this by running 'rabbitmqctl list_queues' and check the
> message count.
>
> Matthias.

Thanks for the information. I will keep an eye on this but as of now (I
just restarted a new test run on both saucy & precise), the queue
appears to be empty :

rabbitmqctl list_queues
Listing queues ...
task_queue	0
...done.

In order to confirm, I have briefly stopped the consumer
(queue_receive.py) and did see an increase in the task_queue number.
Restarting the consumer quickly brings the number to 0.

I'll keep the test running & keep an eye on this value

Kind regards,

...Louis

--
Louis Bouchard