[rabbitmq-discuss] ANN Bunny 0.9.0 final is released

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jul 12 16:10:28 BST 2013

Bunny 0.9.0 final is released [1] after about 8 months in the works.

This is a major step for the library. It is now feature complete, supports automatic network
failure recovery, has lots of convenience features, will use multiple cores on Ruby runtimes
with thread parallelism, has better performance and RAM footprint and (my favorite feature)
also has documentation guides [2].

Bunny 0.9 is not 100% backwards compatible but we've tried to make upgrading as smooth
as possible and many deprecated API elements are still in place. The most important
breaking change is dropped support for RabbitMQ 1.x releases. 2.0 and later versions
are all supported.

I highly encourage all Bunny users to upgrade to it. It is a much better RabbitMQ client
than earlier versions in every way. Everything we've learned maintaining and using other clients
(not just in Ruby) was funneled into this release. With 13 pre releases and 2 RCs, it should
be ready even for really demanding users.

Release notes:
http://blog.rubyrabbitmq.info/blog/2013/07/12/bunny-0-dot-9-0-final-is-released/

Detailed change log:
https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny/blob/master/ChangeLog.md

Please report issues on GitHub:
https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny/issues

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about upgrading on both ruby-amqp and rabbitmq-discuss mailing lists.

Here's to Bunny 1.0!

1. https://rubygems.org/gems/bunny
2. http://rubybunny.info
--