[rabbitmq-discuss] Header exchange wildcards and/or routing keys

Daniel Buchko dbuchko at gopivotal.com
Thu Jul 11 20:27:15 BST 2013

Hi Steve,

If you want to wildcard a header property, just don't include it as part of
the binding to your headers exchange.  i.e. you have the following header
properties:  "colour" and "animal".  So if you want messages where
"animal"="rabbit" and "colour"="*", then don't include "colour" as part of
your binding -- just include "animal"="rabbit".  That will give you all
"rabbit" messages regardless of colour.

Or did I misunderstand your requirements?

Regards,
Dan