[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ QUEUE MESSAGES

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 11 16:46:37 BST 2013

On 11/07/13 15:05, NuPogodi wrote:

> 1. RabbitMQ does not work efficiently when queue starts to grow

Queue throughput drops when messages are paged to disk. The broker
always tries to make most efficient use of server resources.

> 2. RabbitMQ has correct queue implementation

The broker certainly implements the FIFO data structure correctly.

> Taking into account that correct queue implementation should be of O(1) time
> complexity should the issues with RabbitMQ performance when queues grow
> treated as a bug

The speed of memory vs. disk is not an algorithmic complexity issue.

There is an argument for optionally preventing paging to allow more
consistent queue throughput. We are treating this as a feature for a
future release.

-Emile