[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue Replication over WAN

Guillaume Ouellet gui.ouellet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 20:27:43 BST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to use RabbitMq so that I have one instance of RabbitMQ on each
of my 2 servers that are separated by a WAN. One server would be active,
the other "inactive", but the inactive would actually have the queue from
the active replicated real-time. This way, if the active server goes down,
the inactive server kicks in, and continues where the active left off.

It seemed like the clustering option does exactly this, but as I said
previously, I am over a WAN, and a WAN configuration is not recommended.

My question is how would I implement the previous logic via shovels or
federations ? I can't seem to get my head around this looking at the
documentation.

Thank you