[rabbitmq-discuss] Checking queue size in bytes

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 10 18:20:23 BST 2013

On 10/07/13 17:32, James Gardner wrote:
> I get the wider impression that RMQ (maybe because of the nature of
> AMQP?) was designed under an assumption of a certain level of good or
> orderly behavior from the client, that may not always exist, so it
> strikes me that this is an area in which RMQ has yet to mature.

Correct. We always knew that was an area that needed work, it just
wasn't a priority. Features like policies are a relatively recent
addition that nudge rabbit in the direction of more administrative
controls and being able to run in hostile environments. But we've barely
scratched the surface here.

Matthias.