[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq error7090 when trying to generate ssl server certificate

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jul 5 12:55:20 BST 2013

Luis Rodriguez:

> My goal is to use SSL encryption (not concerned about client and server validation) but apparently there is no shared cipher the client and server can use that requires no keys, so I was able to generate my certificate authority, and now trying to generate the server certificate but I get a 7090 error (attached pic)
> Please help...

the fopen failure suggest your openssl config uses a path to a file that do not exist (./index.txt.attr).

Have you tried usint tls-gen [1]? It only requires make and openssl to work
and will generate the certificates from the RabbitMQ SSL tutorial.

Even though it's under the ruby-amqp github org, it's not in any way Ruby-specific.

1. https://github.com/ruby-amqp/tls-gen
--
MK