[rabbitmq-discuss] Shunting messages from one queue to another

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 3 13:03:40 BST 2013

On 03/07/13 12:43, Michael Klishin wrote:
> 2013/7/3 Tom Anderson <tom.anderson at timgroup.com
> <mailto:tom.anderson at timgroup.com>>
>
>     I don't know offhand how to start a brand new broker node. Is this
>     something that will be obvious if i read the documentation, or is
>     there any trick to it?
>

> Just start another instance of Rabbit.

Err, well you need to set some environment variables, at least
RABBITMQ_NODENAME and RABBITMQ_CONFIG_FILE. You'd probably also want to
set tcp_listeners to [] in the config for the temporary shovel-hosting
broker (otherwise it will try to open 5672 and fail).

See http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html#single-machine (although you
will not be forming the nodes into a cluster, it still applies).

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal