[rabbitmq-discuss] What is occuered when the master node output warning log of msg_store_persistent ?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 3 10:34:01 BST 2013

This is nothing to do with master vs slave (which is a term applied to
individual queue-node combinations by the way, not to entire nodes).

That message means the broker was shut down unexpectedly, and it was not
able to trust its indices as a consequence. This can take quite some
time - so make sure you shut down the server properly (with e.g.
rabbitmqctl stop, or /etc/init.d/rabbitmq-server stop, or stopping the
Windows service).

Cheers, Simon

On 02/07/13 19:32, t.otoda wrote:
> I use RabbitMQ 3.0.1 and have a cluster with 2 disk nodes.
> When I stoped and restarted both, the master node output log below.
>   =WARNING REPORT==== 19-Jun-2013::23:56:59 ===
> msg_store_persistent: recovery terms differ from present
> rebuilding indices from scratch
> Please tell me why this log is output
> and what is occuered within RabbitMQ nodes.
> I expect that
> when a slave disk node is started,
> the master node compares the indices it owns and the indices started
> slave owns.
> And then,
> since the slave node was stopped by the abnormal way(※),
> the indices differed from the other, and the master node output log.
> Is this correct?
>   (※)For example, I stoped the node
>         beore it becomes the new master node instead of the stopped
> master node.
> Thank you.

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal