[rabbitmq-discuss] ANN What Ruby 1.8.7 end of life means for Ruby RabbitMQ clients

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 23:09:12 BST 2013

Ruby 1.8.7 reached EOL on July 1st, 2013 [1].
It will no longer receive any kind of updates, including security patches.

However, there are no plans to drop 1.8.7 support from any of the Ruby
clients.
Bunny 0.9, amqp gem 1.1
and Hot Bunnies 2.0 will all support this Ruby version like their
pre-release
versions do today.

Note that 1.8.7 will be supported to the best of my abilities. At some point
libraries such as EventMachine or RSpec may stop compiling against/running
on
1.8.7. Up until then, there are no plans to break 1.8 compatibility.

That said, I encourage users of these libraries to upgrade to at least
1.9.3.

1. http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2013/06/30/we-retire-1-8-7/
--
MK