[rabbitmq-discuss] Write access required to read from queue?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 02:24:31 BST 2013

2013/7/2 Steve Valaitis <steve at digitalnothing.com>

> So the
> queue.bind command is what's causing the ^amq\.gen-.* write permission
> to be required?

Either queue.bind or queue.declare without passive = true.

With Bunny 0.9, it should be pretty clear what line causes the
authorization exception.

> What if I had a durable queue that multiple processes were connecting
> to. With that scenario wouldn't anyone connecting to that queue also
> be able to publish new messages to it?

You can have a durable shared queue with multiple consumers.

Here is an example of a read-only consumer connection. Note that in order
to avoid declaring
the queue, you just get a reference to it with :passive => true:

https://github.com/ruby-amqp/bunny/commit/ea05c4eba9a063615e41bd0cb126abbe04ded91f
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin