[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP connections closing very frequently

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jul 1 11:08:10 BST 2013

On 01/07/13 10:50, ankitag2010 wrote:
> Got the following error when hard-coded :-
>
> RABBITMQ_CONFIG_ARG="-config /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitm"
>
> in file "/usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-3.1.3/sbin/rabbitmq-server"
>
> Error:-
>
> {"could not start kernel pid",application_controller,"error in config file
> \"/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitm.config\" (none): configuration file not found"}

That is what I expected to see. good.

So if you are *not* seeing that error when setting the value to "-config
/etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq" then that means the config file must have been
read. And it should show up in the log message (the "config file(s):
..." line). Is that the case?

> Could there be any problem with the format of the configuration file?
>
> [ {rabbit, [{frame_max, 0}]} ].

That looks fine. Certainly works for me.

You can check whether the settings have taken effect by inspecting the
output of 'rabbitmqctl environment'.

Matthias.