[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ behind a balancer and Flow Control

Konstantin qdog86 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:27:50 GMT 2013

Hi,

considering a setup with more than 10 rabbitmq servers behind a balancer.
Does the flow control feature still makes sense here?

My problem is, that producers are blocked even there is another server with
a lot of free ram which he can use. Is there a way to check from outside if
rabbitmq will block new requests so the balancer will notice that this one
server is not available at the moment? Or can I configure this directly on
the rabbitmq server so that the tcp port is closed if the server is "full"?

Thanks,
Konstantin