[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation in a cluster

Cao, Yican - 0551 - MITLL cao at ll.mit.edu
Tue Jan 29 17:05:40 GMT 2013

Thanks much Simon,

You are saying I only need to declare one setting in E?
ie.
in E:
rabbitmqctl set_parameter federation-upstream my-upstream '{"uri":"amqp://A", "expires":3600}'
rabbitmqctl set_policy...

Now, it comes that if A which is my upstream fails, what would happen? [A, B, C] is running with HAQ (active/active).
Do I just lost federation?
If not, how does E handle this in case of
1) A is a master
2) A is a slave
?

[E, F] also runs HAQ cluster, what if E dies, how to config F continue to perform as down-stream nodes as HAQ suppose to do ? Can we achieve this?

Thanks.

Yican