[rabbitmq-discuss] Potential Bug in C# Client

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 28 15:28:21 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 28/01/13 12:12, Graeme Taylor wrote:
> [...] I had set NoAck to TRUE. The result of this is after the first
> message, the bindings and queues are removed from the exchange and
> no further messages are received by the subscriber.
>
> Changing the NoAck to FALSE solved the issue.  Code samples
> available if required.

If you acknowledge a message which did not require an acknowledgement
then the broker will treat that as an error and close the channel. The
consequences that you describe are consistent with a closing channel. To
confirm you should check the broker logfile.

The other possible solution (other than setting NoAck to false) is not
to acknowledge messages when NoAck is true.

-Emile