[rabbitmq-discuss] Server-Side Limit for a Channel's Unacknowledged Messages

Dave Seltzer dseltzer at tveyes.com
Fri Jan 25 14:28:38 GMT 2013

I just wanted to follow up on this question.

This morning I came in to find this situation:
[image: Inline image 1]

A partner who seems to be having issues has caused 2.3M messages to be
waiting for ACKs.

I'm quite sure that many of these messages should have expired, but are not
being deleted because they're waiting ACK. (I'm running RabbitMQ 3.0.1)

1) How should a message behave if it's TTL has expired and it's waiting for
ACK?
2) Is there really not that much interest setting a per-channel prefetch
queue limit?

Thanks so much!

-Dave