[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Windows Service start issue

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 23 18:00:23 GMT 2013

On 23/01/13 15:17, Martin Kafka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It looks like RabbitMQ windows service is reporting to Windows as
> running, but it is still starting.

Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately this is a hard problem to solve;
erlsrv kicks off the RabbitMQ boot process and immediately tells Windows
the service is started. And erlsrv doesn't give us a mechanism to
override this :-(

> We have RabbitMQ service and our client service on the same Windows
> machine and we have problem while starting our client service. We are
> starting as dependent service and sometimes we can’t connect to RabbitMQ
> server. We get exception:
>
> None of the specified endpoints were reachable
>
> Endpoints attempted:

> endpoint=amqp-0-9://localhost:5672, attempts=1

I suspect your best bet is to have your service repeatedly try to
connect to port 5672 and delay startup until that succeeds.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware