[rabbitmq-discuss] Container for RabbitMQ Listener/Consumer (Java)

antony antony.pulicken at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:14:07 GMT 2013

I will try to re-phrase the question.

So far we have been using a stand alone Java program that listens to a
particular queue in an infinite while loop for all the POCs as mentioned in
all the examples.

   while (true) {
        String response = null;

        QueueingConsumer.Delivery delivery = consumer.nextDelivery();

What I want to understand is how the listeners are set up/deployed in a
production environment? Do we need to have container like Spring ? How
exactly Scalability, HA are handled ? Hope to get a response.

Thanks,
Antony.