[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit Node Won't Boot No Matter What I Do (schema_integrity_check_failed)

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jan 23 09:36:18 GMT 2013

Hi Chris

On 01/23/2013 04:11 AM, Chris wrote:
> Then I stopped all my rabbit nodes (using rabbitmqctl -n nodename
> stop) and ran the script to do it all again.  This resulted in some
> nodes not being able to boot up.  Now, no matter what, I can't get
> these particular nodes up again (schema_integrity_check_failed).  I've
> read that this can be resolved by deleting the mnesia DBs
> (/usr/local/var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/*), but even that didn't help!

If you successfully deleted the mnesia DBs then the schema integrity
check cannot fail, as there is no database to check! Where do you set
the RABBITMQ_MNESIA_BASE and/or RABBITMQ_MNESIA_DIR for the individual
nodes?

> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?  I've attached my script,
> a crash dump, and some logs.  Any help is appreciated!

I strongly suspect the latter! ;)

Can you confirm the database directory deletion by running `ls -la`
afterwards to make sure everything's gone, and then try starting up a
single node.